Happy Memorial Day!
I spent this memorial day weekend not doing much. I had a lot of time to experiment with some things. I had a lot of hooped wires from a set of DIY earring kit; I really didn’t know what to do with them before but I started playing with it and created these earrings.
Here’s what I used to experimented with:
– 2 Ball Post Earring
– 6 plastic pearl (beads)
– 2 hooped wires (sorry, I’m not exactly sure if this is the correct term)
1. I measured the wire and noted the measurements for 3 equal parts. I didn’t include the hoop into the measurement so I could leave the hoop sticking out.
2. Start bending the wire into a triangular shape but make sure to leave enough room for the beads to be placed in and to leave the hoop out of the triangle
3. Place 3 beads into the triangle (or as many as would fit), then close the triangle. Hook the ball post earring to the hoop.
4. Repeat to create the other earring
The earrings came out to be a lot better than I had expected. Now I just need to try them on!
— Vicky T.