With spring rolling in, I made these fabric earrings inspired by the new season. Check out the tutorial below.
What you’ll need:
- Fabric of your choice
- Need and thread
- Hot glue (optional)
- Chain (I used 2.3mm chains)
- 2 Earring Hooks
- Cut your fabric into around 1.5 cm by 3 cm rectangles (the rectangles don’t have to be precise). You’ll need 20 rectangles for each earring
- Get your needle and thread ready to sew.
- Take 2 rectangles and stack them together. Fold it into a fan the horizontal way and then fold that in half. Sew the edge where the second fold was to insure this piece stays put. Repeat until all the rectangles are folded into “fans”.
- Cut a pointed edge on each individual “fan”.
- Glue or sew 4 “fans” together so it creates a “circle”. Repeat, so you’ll have two of these (one for each earring)
- Glue 3 “fans” onto the top of the “circle” and then 3 more on the bottom. Repeat for the other earring. This way you would’ve created 2 spheres.
- Now get the chains and separate 2 into the length you desire. The one I used is around 4.5 cm.
- Finally attached the 2 chains to the earring hooks and sew/glue each chain to the fabric sphere.
Ta-da! The earrings are complete.